Two-Factor Authentication, also known as (2FA), is an additional layer of security for your account. This works by requiring additional confirmation of your identity. This can be via SMS text message verification, or using mobile apps like Authy or Google Authenticator.
Mandatory 2FA in the Rain mobile application and website will require a 2FA code for:
- Logins: Functionality to login into Rain mobile application and website.
- Send Requests: Functionality to send/transfer crypto currency to another wallet.
- Withdrawals: Functionality to transfer fiat currency from your Rain wallet into your bank account or withdraw your funds in fiat currency from your Rain wallet into your bank account.
This provides greater assurances to the system that you, the account owner, is the one actually looking to conduct this transaction, and not someone impersonating you.
Note: Two-factor authentication is automatically applied on your Rain account. A code will be sent to your phone number via SMS or voice call in order to complete transactions on Rain.
If you are facing issues with receiving SMS messages, you can use Authy or Google Authenticator as an alternative application.
To setup Google Authenticator:
- Log in to your Rain account.
- Go to User and click on Account.
- Click on Security.
- You will find a section below for Second Factor Authentication.
- Enter the 2FA code received on SMS.
- Download Google Authenticator app. iPhone users. Android users.
- Scan the QR code, or if on mobile copy and paste the key, to link your account to Google Authenticator.
- Enter the code that is showing on your Google Authenticator app.
- You can now use the 2FA code provided on the Google Authenticator app to login and conduct transactions on Rain.
To setup Authy:
- Download the Authy app.
- Use the same phone number you have used to sign up with Rain.
- You should be able to use the 2FA code provided on the Authy app to login and conduct transactions on Rain.
If you face further issues or need some assistance, please let us know here.
About Rain Turkey
The corporate headquarters of Rain Turkey, a crypto money platform operating in Turkey, is in Istanbul. Through Rain Turkey, you can buy, sell and store Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies securely and in accordance with the rules.